For the use of the feedback section and any other areas of the VE Site which allows user generated content.
To protect your own interests you must read and understand the following important rules before using the feedback section of the Venue Experience website. Also known as VEBack
Introduction and acceptance of the Rules
These terms and conditions of use (the Rules) explain how you may use the feedback section and any other interactive area of the Venue Experience website (the Board). References in these Rules to the Board includes the following websites www.venueexperience.co.uk and www.veback.com.
Accessing, using or submitting any other material to the Board (or otherwise indicating your consent) means you accept and agree to be bound by these Rules. You should therefore read these Rules carefully before using the Board. If you do not agree with or accept any of these Rules, you should cease using the Board immediately.
The following words shall have the following meanings:
Feedback any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content or other information or material submitted to, or accessible from, the Board.
We, us or our means Venue Experience Support and Consulting our main trading address is 100 Tamworth Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B75 6DH [Our VAT number is 160 55 35 25.
You or your means the person accessing or using the Board or Feedback.
CHANGES AND ADDITIONAL RULES
These Rules are dated 10 February 2014. No changes to these Rules are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing.
We may revise these Rules at any time including adding to or replacing these Rules with additional terms and conditions (Additional Rules) which relate to specific Feedback or the Board. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make or Additional Rules, as they are legally binding on you. Additional Rules shall prevail to the extent there is any conflict or inconsistency with any other of these Rules.
The Board is intended for:-
- residents of the United Kingdom over the age of 18 years; and
- persons who have attended an event(s) which has taken place at a venue or attended a venue which is registered with us
If you are under the age of 18 or have not attended an event or venue which is registered with us then you may not submit Feedback or other material to the Board.
The Board is not moderated except in the limited circumstances set out in this part of these Rules. We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any Feedback or any other material submitted to the Board and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Board by any person in contravention of these Rules. We reserve the right to promptly remove, or to disable access to, any Feedback which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person, unlawful or in violation of any third party rights.
In addition in order to prevent Feedback being submitted in bad faith we reserve the right to remove any Feedback (on a temporary or permanent basis) where a score of 1 has been generated for a particular venue until the relevant Feedback has undergone further verification checks.
HOW TO SUBMIT FEEDBACK
To submit Feedback, please answer the questions set out on the standard feedback form which relates to the event/venue you attended. We are unable to accept any Feedback which is not included in the relevant form.
There is a 256 limit to the length of response to each of the questions or each part of your Feedback.
You may only complete one feedback form per event or venue.
In order to submit your Feedback you must provide your name and e-mail address or other relevant contact details which are requested. Only you name will appear as part of your Feedback when published. We are unable to accept anonymous Feedback.
You agree that:
- any Feedback you supply to us has been lawfully provided to us (in particular, it is not in breach of any intellectual property rights of any third parties) and that you have all necessary consents to provide this to us;
- we shall be entitled to disclose your name with any such Feedback that we may choose to publish; and
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe the rights of any third party.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Feedback emanates from us if this is not the case.
- Contain statements or otherwise suggest that we endorse any other business.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
- you should not submit any Feedback or material which you consider confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable; and
- Stopping or suspending your access to the Board.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Feedback already posted on the Board.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
These Content Standards apply to each part of your Feedback as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. We will determine, in our discretion, whether Feedback breaches the Content Standards.
Feedback must not:
Unless expressly permitted in law you shall not reverse engineer, decompile, copy, modify, distribute, transmit, licence, sub-licence, display, revise, transfer sell or otherwise make available to any third party or otherwise publish, deep-link, create derivative works from or exploit in any way the Board or its content.
The Board is not a secure means of communication and any information which you supply will not be kept confidential. Therefore:-
OWNERSHIP, USE AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Board and all intellectual property rights in the Board including, but not limited, to any Content are owned by us and/or our licensors.
We and our licensors reserve all our intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, all copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind) whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world.
Nothing in these Rules grants you any rights in the Board other than as is necessary to enable you to access the Board. You agree not to adjust, try to circumvent or delete any intellectual property notices contained on the Board and, in particular, in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within any Feedback.
By submitting Feedback to the Board, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive licence to use that Feedback. Although you will still own the copyright in your Feedback, we will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast and post on any media, the material contained in your Feedback. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. We may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Feedback in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards set out in these Rules, you must ensure that your Feedback does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Feedback to the Board, you are warranting that you have the right to grant us the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION AND AVAILABILITY OF THE BOARD
While we use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Board operates in a safe environment we do not promise whether expressly or by implication (except as otherwise expressly required by applicable law) that any Feedback or other information is or remains available, accurate, complete or up to date. Any reliance you may place on the information on the Board is at your own risk.
We may suspend or terminate the operation of the Board at any time at our sole discretion although we will make reasonable efforts to let you know if we are going to suspend or terminate the operation of the Board.
BREACH OF THESE RULES
We will decide, acting reasonably, whether any Feedback breaches any of these Rules.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you wish to complain about any Feedback posted to the Board, please contact us at email@example.com. We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our Content Standards as set out in these Rules. We will deal with any Feedback which, in our opinion, violates our Content Standards as described above (see section "Breach of these Rules"). We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.